The itineraries in our tours are flexible, and do vary occasionally, sometimes due to weather or on-going events such as festivals which guests may want to see.
In addition if there is something else you’d like to do or see on your trip please mention this to your tour leader and we’ll try our best to ensure you can do it.
Age / Requirements / Fitness
The Fuji Paths Tour is suitable for ages of around 12 and upwards, and is ideal for families, couples, and singles alike. All ages are welcome and the eldest guest we've had on one of our Small Group Tours, to date, is 87 — she was one of the fittest members in the group!
Our only hard and fast requirements are English speaking ability (all tours are conducted in English) and a zest for life! While Olympic levels of fitness are not necessary, on average we cover around 4 or 5 kilometres a day and some of the tourist sites we visit have steps, as do some of the stations.
Having said all that, walking is done at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for ice cream and to absorb the sights. In the unlikely event that an excursion is going to be too taxing or if you have another preference, you are welcome to break away from the group at any time. No part of the itinerary is compulsory; we like to keep things as fun and flexible as possible!
As with all our Small Group Tours we use the extremely efficient, clean, safe and reliable public transportation network. - It's the most efficient way to get around, and by far it's the best way to experience the country and its people. This is not a tour bus holiday with fixed tourist trap set lunches and carpet sales in the afternoon!
We do at times forward your main cases ahead from one hotel to another (one case per person) allowing you to travel light and easy keeping things as fun as possible. If you bring too much luggage with you, or buy too many souvenirs during the tour and require additional use of the service, this can easily be arranged. The service is cheap and reliable.
The minimum number of passengers on the Fuji Paths Tour is two as we believe it’s unfair to cancel tours when larger numbers are not met.
Because we keep the group size to a maximum of 10, unfortunately we have to charge a single supplement of £ 400 if travelling alone. For this you'll be ensured to have a room to yourself for the entirety of the tour, except for when staying at the ryokan (traditional inns), here we may ask you to share a room with another member of the group of the same sex. If you have any questions about this, please drop us a line.
What Is Included?
- All accommodation. (12 nights)
- The support of your Tour Leader for the entirety of the tour.
- All transportation from city to city including the shinkansen bullet train.
- Meet & greet at the airport in Tokyo (either Narita or Haneda) on arrival and transfer to the tour hotel in Tokyo up to 1 week before the starting date of the tour.
- Airport transfer at the end of the tour (non-guided).
- Most local transport (subways / city buses etc) is covered by the various travel passes we issue, but not all, coming to an overall total of around an additional GBP£ 15.
- Baggage forwarding for one bag / case per person, two times (from Tokyo to Matsumoto and from Matsumoto to Takayama) allowing you to travel light and easy. If additional baggage forwarding is required, this can easily be arranged
- Authentic Tea Ceremony at a tea house in Kyoto
- Sumida River Cruise in Tokyo
- Kachi Kachi Ropeway (cable car) in Kawaguchiko
- Breakfast every morning.
- Group meal on Day 1
- Dinner on Days 3 and 4 (Kaiseki Ryori at Kawaguchiko)
- Dinner on Day 6 & 7 (Teishoku at Magome).
- Tour Info-Pack.
- 100% payment protection through the TTA.
What’s Not Included?
- Meals, except for the ones mentioned above.
- Local transportation which is not covered by the various travel passes we issue for the tour. This comes to around GBP£ 15 in total.
- Due to the flexible nature of our tours entrance fees for temples, museums and shows etc are not included. If you visit all the places in the itinerary, the entrance fees will come to a total of around GBP£ 40 for the whole tour.
- Travel Insurance. You must take out travel insurance before travelling to Japan, we suggest this is done soon after a booking has been made.
- Flights to and from Japan!