What is Included?
- ALL accommodation (11 nights)
- The support of your Tour Leader for the entirety of the tour
- ALL city to city transportation including the shinkansen bullet train
- ALL local transportation will be covered while following the set guided itinerary. (Any non-guided side-excursions at personal expense)
- Suica card - An electronic travel card for your convenience (saves messing around with tickets)
- Meet & greet at the airport in Tokyo (either Narita or Haneda) on arrival and transfer (Guided) to the tour hotel in the city up to one week before the starting date of the tour
- Tickets for airport transfer at the end of the tour from the tour hotel (non-guided)
- ALL Entrance fees to temples, shrines, gardens & museums when with your guide following the itinerary
- Sumida River Cruise in Tokyo
- First Class Tickets on Pirate Ship in Hakone
- Authentic Tea Ceremony at a tea house in Kyoto
- Baggage forwarding for one case per person
- Breakfast every morning
- Group meal on Day 1 in Tokyo (Alcoholic drinks included!)
- Dinners (Traditional Teishoku) on Days 4 and 5 at Hakone
- Tour Info-Pack
- 100% payment protection through the TTA (our membership number is U6165)
What's not included?
- Meals, except for the ones mentioned above
- Any coin lockers that you may use
- Travel Insurance. You must take out travel insurance before travelling to Japan, we suggest that this is done soon after a booking has been made.
- Flights to and from Japan!
After a booking request has been made through the “Make a Booking” section of this website, your booking will be processed. We’ll email you back to confirm it along with your invoice and payment details, we accept payments by card or bank transfer. The deposit of GBP 300 / USD 400 per person is requested within 7 days to confirm your booking. The balance is due by 12 weeks prior to the tour departure date. All payment made to us are protected by the TTA (Travel Trust Association). Our membership number is U6165.
The itineraries in our tours are flexible, and do vary occasionally, sometimes due to weather or on-going events such as festivals which guests may want to see. In addition if there is something else you’d like to do or see on your trip please mention this to your tour leader and we’ll try our best to ensure you can do it.
Age / Requirements / Fitness
The Crimson Leaf Tour is suitable for all ages but in general most guests on this tour are aged between 40 and 70, it’s ideal for couples and friends alike.
Our only hard and fast requirements are English speaking ability (all tours are conducted in English) and a zest for life! While Olympic levels of fitness are not necessary, on average we cover around 3 to 5 kilometres per day on foot and there are at times steps involved at some stations and sites we visit.
Having said all that, walking is done at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for ice cream and to absorb the sights. In the unlikely event that an excursion is going to be too taxing or if you have another preference, you are welcome to break away from the group at any time, or take a taxi to skip some of the walking sections. No part of the itinerary is compulsory – we like to keep things as fun and flexible as possible!
As with all our Small Group Tours of Japan we use the extremely efficient, clean, safe and reliable public transportation network — it’s the most efficient way to get around, and by far it’s the best way to experience the country and its people. This is not a tour bus holiday with fixed tourist trap set lunches and carpet sales in the afternoon!
We forward your main baggage ahead from hotel to hotel where necessary during the tour (one case / bag per person). You can enjoy all the pleasures of travel without having to drag your case around with you.
If you bring too much luggage with you, or buy too many souvenirs during the tour; and require additional baggage transfers we are happy to arrange this for you.
The minimum number of passengers on the Crimson Leaf Tour is two — we believe it’s unfair to cancel tours when the numbers are not larger.
We can accept single travellers on the Crimson Leaf Tour, but unfortunately due to the accommodation used the single supplement is expensive. If this isn’t too much of a concern, please let us know and we’ll be able to give you the options. Also we are happy to try to arrange for you to share a room with another traveller of the same sex.