- All accommodation (11 nights)
- The support of your guide for the entirety of the tour, our guides are government licenced English speaking Japanese.
- All entrance fees while with the guide to temples, shrines, gardens and museums as stated in the itinerary. (Additional optional entrance fees at personal expense)
- All city to city transportation including the Shinkansen bullet train
- All local transportation (subways / city buses / boats / taxis) is covered while following the itinerary (any transportation not covered by your rail pass while on the free day or during private time such as in the evenings is at own expense)
- Suica card - An electronic travel card for your convenience (saves fumbling around with tickets especially while in Tokyo!)
- Meet & greet at the airport in Tokyo (either Narita or Haneda) on arrival and transfer (guided) to the tour hotel in the city up to one week in advance
- Tickets for airport transfer (non-guided) at the end of the tour from the tour hotel to the airport (either Haneda or Narita)
- Sumida River Cruise in Tokyo
- First Class Tickets on Pirate Ship in Hakone
- Miyako Odori (Geisha Dance) Show Tickets
- Authentic Tea Ceremony at a tea house in Kyoto
- Baggage forwarding for one bag / case per person, from Tokyo to Kyoto, and Kyoto to Tokyo
- Breakfast every morning
- Group meal on Day 1 in Tokyo (Alcoholic drinks included!)
- Dinners (Traditional Teishoku) on Days 4 and 5 at Hakone
- Tour Info-Pack
- 100% payment protection through the TTA (our membership number is U6165)
What's not included?
- Meals, except for the ones mentioned above
- Any coin lockers that you may use
- Travel Insurance. You must take out travel insurance before travelling to Japan, we suggest this is done soon after a booking has been made.
- Flights to and from Japan!
After a booking request has been made through the “Make a Booking” section of this website, your booking will be processed. We’ll email you back to confirm it along with your invoice and payment details, we accept payments by card or bank transfer. The deposit of GBP 300 / USD 400 per person is requested within 7 days to confirm your booking. The balance is due by 12 weeks prior to the tour departure date. All payment made to us are protected by the TTA (Travel Trust Association). Our membership number is U6165.
The itineraries in our tours are flexible, and do vary occasionally, sometimes due to weather or on-going events such as festivals which guests may want to see. In addition if there is something else you’d like to do or see on your trip please mention this to your tour leader and we’ll try our best to ensure you can do it.
Age / Requirements / Fitness
The Cherry Blossom Tour is suitable for all ages but in general most guests on this tour are aged between 40 and 75, it’s ideal for couples and friends alike.
Our only hard and fast requirements are English speaking ability (all tours are conducted in English) and a zest for life! While Olympic levels of fitness are not necessary, on average we cover between 3 to 5 kilometres per day, and there are at times steps involved at stations and sites we visit.
Having said all that, walking is done at an easy pace, with plenty of stops for ice cream and coffee to absorb the sights. In the unlikely event that an excursion is going to be too taxing or if you have another preference, you are welcome to break away from the group at any time, or hop in a taxi to skip some sections. No part of the itinerary is compulsory – we like to keep things as fun and flexible as possible!
As with all our Small Group Tours of Japan we use the extremely efficient, clean, safe and reliable public transportation network — it’s the most efficient way to get around, and by far it’s the best way to experience the country and its people. This is not a tour bus holiday with fixed tourist trap set lunches and carpet sales in the afternoon!
We forward your main baggage ahead from hotel to hotel where necessary during the tour (one case / bag per person). You can enjoy all the pleasures of travel without having to drag you case around with you.
If you bring too much luggage with you, or buy too many souvenirs during the tour; and require additional baggage transfers we can easily arrange this for you.
The minimum number of passengers on the Cherry Blossom Tour is two — we believe it’s unfair to cancel tours when the numbers are not larger.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept single travellers on this tour due to the accommodation used. If you are a single traveller and would like to join the tour, please let us know and we will try to arrange for you to share a room with another traveller of the same sex.